One of the most inexpensive items that you can turn into a craft item and there are plenty of them are socks. Almost every home has a bin full of miss matched socks. We hate to throw them out because we’re hoping one day that the the other one is going to show up. Well, now instead of waiting for this to happen why not take that sock and turn it into something useful once again. Here are some diy sock extravaganza ideas to help you get started with this.
Sock Hair Curling:
This is a great idea if you are somewhere that you are not able to use your curling iron. Or perhaps your hair is getting damaged from the heat of one, yet you still want curls. It means you have to wear a sock to bed all night, but that’s okay because it’s soft and comfy anyway.
Hair Styled with a hair donut
Now this hair style is really easy to do, and its done using a hair donut. Chances are you don’t have one of these laying around, but no problem because you can turn one of your socks into one. Click on the link for the step by step directions for this hair style.
Making a sock bun
image source: beautylish
Fingerless Glove Socks
Nothing will be more special for your little one than one of these lambs that you have made yourself from a sock. For the free pattern vsit craftpassion
Puppy and kitten Socks:
image source: craftgossip
For the sheep you had to do some knitting but for this project you can just use those old socks. Click on the image link for the how to
For Your Little Doggie:
Odds and Ends for Those Old Socks:
1. Slip them onto your hands and use for dusting.
2. Use them for holding in moisturizers. Apply warm moisturizer to your hands and feet, and then put on a old sock to help it absorb.
3. Great for wearing on your hands to wash the car.
4. Make a mini ice pack with them when needed.
5. Stuff those old socks with potpourri and stick them in the drawers or closets.
6. Cover your swiffer mop with one for cleaning.
The kids will have a ball with this and it will keep them busy for hours. Click on image source for how to.
This one was just too cute to pass up
How To Sew Sock Dragon
Difficulty: Advance / Avid Intermediate
Finished size: approximately 8″ (W) x 8 1/2″ (H) x 11″ (L)
1. Sock (crew length), adult size, solid color, 1 pair
2. Sock (crew length), toddler size, stripes in contrasting color, 1 pair
3. Safety eye 5/8″ [15mm], black, 2; or button; or felt
4. Bead, 3/16″ [5mm], black
5. Felt, red, 1″ x 1 1/2″
6. Felt, yellow, 4″ x 4″
7. Poly-fill stuffing material
8. Embroidery floss, yellow
9. Sewing threads (matching colors)
10. Sock dragon templates
1. Sewing machine (optional, you can hand-sew without machine)
2. Sewing needle (prefer long, about 2″) and pins
4. Erasable fabric marker
6. Blunt point tweezers
Continue here for full instructions