A water feature will bring life to any backyard. There is nothing more relaxing than the sound of water trickling on a beautiful summer’s evening whilst you are sat out admiring your garden. You will pay a fortune at the garden outlets for a water feature as they really are extremely popular. You may be surprised to learn that you can create your own and save a lot of money and be unique at the same time. Here are a few ideas.
- Supplies needed:
(you should be able to find all these items at your local big box hardware store or on Amazon)
1. Submersible pump
2. Clear vinyl tubing (whatever size goes with your pump)
3. 1 small and one large waterproof pot w/ no drainage holes.
4. Something for the small pot to sit on (upside down pot, brick or a cinder block)
drill and bit
5. Several medium sized rocks
6. Bag of pea gravel or small decorative river rock
7. Clear waterproof silicone caulk/sealant
8. Electrical supplies needed to splice the electrical cord